Here are some tips to make your stay in the Grand Ried as pleasant as possible :
- Prepare your itinerary: Remember to take your plan and check the weather before you leave.
- Take a bag by putting: water (+ plastic bag in case of leakage of your gourd or bottle), snacks, trash bags, sunscreen and your first aid kit (with scissors, band aids, disinfectants...).
- Do not forget your mosquito repellent and check out at the end of the presence of ticks. Bring loose, long-sleeved clothing.
- Follow the marked paths and trails.
- Check your bike before departure (tire bell, lighting, ...) and do not forget your helmet is strongly recommended. Carry a repair kit (patch, glue tube, pump, ...).
- Do not litter. For example: a plastic bag takes 100 years to disappear, a cigarette butt 2 years, packaging between 100 and 450 years and cans 100 to 500 years.
- Do not swim in the Rhine, you may be swept away by the currents.
- If you see an animal, do not try to get close. You risk putting yourself in danger. When it comes to babies, do not touch them, it will permeate your scent which will cause its abandonment by his mother.
- Avoid picking wild flowers, fruits and mushrooms.
- The official opening dates for hunting are set by the National Hunting and Wildlife Office (ONCFS) and published on the www.oncfs.gouv.fr site.
- Feel free to check the dates of your hike corresponding to hunting seasons. If this is the case, do not panic! You can contact the local hunting, town halls or www.vigilance-chasse.fr to know the dates and hunting grounds.
- Once there, pay attention to the sound and visual environment.